Welcome to our Experimental Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics Website
Quantum Simulations with Ions & Optical Ion and Atom Trapping
- 01.08.16 Hot off the press: Two new methods for motional-mode analysis for trapped atomic ions Phys.Rev.A 94, 023401 (2016) .
- 13.06.16 Hot off the press: Prototype of a 2D-quantum simulator based on trapped atomic ions Nat. Commun. 7, 11839 (2016) .
- 25.09.15 We study thermalization and the emergence of statistical mechanics in an isolated quantum system by coupling a spin to a continuously scaled bosonic environment. http://arxiv.org/abs/1509.07712
- 10.07.15 The physics institute at the Freiburger science fair; see here for more information (only german).
- 22.04.15 First lecture Fortgeschrittene Experimentalphysik für Lehramtsstudierende; you find more information here: Lehre (only german).
- 24.11.14 Hot off the press: A far-off-resonance optical trap for a Ba+ ion, Nat. Commun. 5, (2014)
- 20.10.14 First lecture Experimentalphysik I; you find more information here: Lehre (only german).
- 30.07.14 Hot off the press: Entanglement Generation Using Discrete Solitons in Coulomb Crystals, Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 053001 (2014)
- 09.05.14 New Paul trap at work: ions...!
- 17.03.14 Hot off the press: Decoherence-Assisted Spectroscopy of a Single Mg+ Ion,
- 04.03.14 Popular science article published (in german): Qubits in der Mikrowelle, erschienen in .
- 07.02.14 A noval high-resolution spectroscopy method in which the detection of single excitation events is enhanced by a complete loss of coherence of a superposition of two ground states. We employ this method on Mg ion to measure one-, two-, and three-photon transition frequencies ] .
- 02.12.13 Mg ions trapped in a triangular arrangement with a 40-um trap distance .
For doctoral, M.Sc., and B.Sc. thesis projects please enquire by telephone or e-mail.